Saturday, August 02, 2008

SAMC Annual Report

We're working on the finishing touches for Southeast Alabama Medical Center's 2007 Annual Report. Most of you know that I work at SAMC during the day and that Morning Light Photography is a side business for me. At the Medical Center, I serve primarily as media relations coordinator (dealing with the news media on a daily basis) and I'm also the hospital's photographer. Life at work stays pretty interesting for me to say the least!

The concept for this year's annual report is different from past years and though I don't want to give that secret away, I will say that I have had the chance to try some unique things in the way of photographic style. We're using a more gritty, action-oriented approach to the photography and it's been lots of fun. My assignment for the day included a photo of SAMC Foundation executive director Valerie Barnes. Here she is, leading a group of local businesspeople on a tour of the hospital.


I also went to the hospital's basement to photograph some of the "unseen" aspects of SAMC. I met up with some of the guys from Plant Services who keep the building running in tiptop condition and made several images of them at work. I think this one is my favorite of the group.


After I left Plant Services, I walked around the corner to the laundry. You wouldn't believe the amount of laundry that gets washed, dried, pressed and folded every day at SAMC. It's mind boggling to see it in action. As usual, I made lots of images in the laundry and this is my favorite. However, I'll be surprised if it shows up in the annual report because there's another photo that will probably "fit" the theme of the report a little better.

No comments: