Saturday, August 02, 2008

KILLER VIDEO!

Wes and Susan Morgan of M3 Productions, Dothan's ONLY true high-def video production company, call me occasionally to help out with their work. I first met Wes and Susan when they moved to Dothan in 1988 to work with First Choice Video Productions and Cable Advertising. Wes took me under his wing at that time and helped me to learn the basics of "real" videography and television production. I'll never forget that and to this day I appreciate him taking the time to show me the ropes. My career since then has largely been based on the principles I learned under him. I consider Wes and Susan dear friends and they absolutely have THE BEST video production company in the area. By a long shot.

Wes and Susan had been working on a video project for local clothing manufacturer Southeastern Performance Apparel and asked me to work as Director of Photography for a photo shoot they had booked with the company. My job for the day was to help get the set and lighting in place and to get the models posed while Susan actually made the photos. (SUSAN!!! Sorry for showing your backside, but I wanted to include this photo of you in action!)


We had five models--Nikki, Natasha, Rachel, Raven and Kelli--who would demonstrate eight different bridesmaid's dresses from Southeastern Apparel. Our job was to photograph the group, wearing the dresses so that brides could get a good idea of how the dresses would look on several girls together.


We had a great day of photography, the models seemed to enjoy the work (they even sang and danced for us!) and the folks from Southeastern Apparel were very pleased with the on-camera previews that Susan showed them throughout the session.


Susan also showed the models a few of the shots so they could see how good they looked on camera.

No comments: