Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lauren's senior session, part 2


The time came to finish Lauren's Senior Photo Session. Last week, we couldn't do the outdoor part of the session due to inclement weather. So we decided to try again on Friday, meeting at the Dothan Area Botanical Gardens and then proceeding to Landmark Park after that. We got to the Botanical Gardens just when the light was starting to get good and stayed there, fighting the gnats and heat, for about 45 minutes.

When we got to Landmark Park, we had a couple of things in mind. First, we wanted to get some nice compositions of her against the wall of the red schoolhouse. See above for that.

Next, we went inside the old church to get a few windowlight photographs. We shot some traditional stuff and then I got the idea for the image below. It looked good in color, but I thought this one just begged for a black and white treatment.


I'm really proud of both of the portraits posted on this entry. We had all of the elements to create some spectacular images: great light, a great location and most important of all, a GREAT subject. Way to go, Lauren, you look FANTASTIC! It was both an honor and a lot of fun to do your senior portraits this year. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

1 comment:

reese4au said...

You are truly an unbelievable photographer! You have no idea how much it means to me that you took such time and care into making sure that every detail was perfect. You captured the true beauty of my baby girl during a huge turning point in both of our lives, and I will be forever grateful! These are pictures that I will treasure, and Lauren will treasure for the rest of our lives!!! I can never thank you enough.