Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lauren's Senior Session, part 1


Well, we kicked off what will be a VERY limited high school senior portrait season with the lovely Lauren. (REMINDER: if you're thinking about having us do your senior portraits, call NOW to set up a time. We don't have many sessions available and once they're gone, they're gone.) Our original plans were to have an indoor/outdoor session on a Friday afternoon but alas, the weather didn't allow us to even attempt the outdoor part of the session. It was raining HARD and there was lots of lightning in the area.


I think Lauren and her mom were a little curious as to how I would accomplish the feat of creating studio portraits inside their home and they were very interested in watching as I set my equipment up. We moved a table and a foot stool and before long, a real live photography studio occupied their living room. It included a backdrop, four studio lights and a couple of props. Lauren also had a bunch of stuff that she wanted to include in some of the photos and we made good use of those items too.

After we got the session started it became readily apparent to me that this would be a very good experience for both Lauren and myself. We had lots of fun, joked around and generally had a great time. Every few minutes we'd stop and I'd show the tiny previews on the back of my digital camera to Lauren and her mom, Cherisa. I was really happy with the images we were making and each time I showed them something new, they seemed to be more and more excited. That's a good thing. The preview book for Lauren's session is going to be incredible.


After we finished up with the indoor photos, we decided to finish the outdoor part of the session a week later at the Dothan Area Botanical Gardens and Landmark Park. I'll have a few photos from that session in "Lauren's Senior Session, part 2."

No comments: