Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Too Dark To Swim!!!!

I went down to Seagrove Beach, FL on June 15 for a photo session with the Martin family. My wife and kids came along and enjoyed an hour or so on the beach while I was working with the Martins. About 20 or so minutes after sunset I finished the Martin's session and noticed my two kids still out in the surf. Being a photographer, I took a few photos of them having a good time. They stayed in the water until it was too dark to see!

For the shutterbugs, I used ISO 1600, f/2.8 and about a 1/30th shutter speed. I left the white balance on daylight, even though the sun had slipped below the horizon about 20 minutes earlier. I thought the blue color cast worked well to illustrate the idea of the very last bit of available daylight.

No comments: